Anthony is good at a lot of things...okay, everything! Apparently he came out of the womb with a trophy and has collected them in winnings since because we have all shapes and sizes.
See them? Yep, they're all lined up on top of our office bookcase. He parted with a lot of them when we moved last year and just kept the ones he felt were the most meaningful and so now that's what we've got. The reason I'm telling y'all this is to show why our office is needing some feminine detail. The walls are a pretty neutral color and the green in the bedding and curtains could go either way. Since I'm in this room just as much as my 'super-man' husband, I'm pretty-ing it up a little.
Last night I was busy scheming and planning on some kind of high while Anthony was sleeping and showed some of what was taking shape in my head. Read about my night here. Well, I'm finished with part of my idea and it involves our new lamp.
We were given the lamp, which I spray-painted white, and I found and bought a lamp shade. It was 3 bucks at my fave discount store here and this is why:
A two inch tear on one side. However, 3 bucks for a Target lamp shade is el-cheapo, especially when I know I can someway, somehow fix or hide the tear.
So, after I devised my late night plan, I cut one inch strips of fabric about two feet long from the excess fabric I had leftover from making our curtains and pillows and put a simple stitch through one side, making a sort of long ruffle. I purposely left the other side unseamed to give my "ruffle" a sort of unfinished-but-pretty look.
Then, I hot glued the "ruffle" in a circular pattern directly over the tear in the shade.
Then, after all of my rounds of gluing and a little maneuvering, this is what I got: