I’m running out of clothes that fit which is a serious problem folks. That’s why, when I tried this dress on a week ago and realized it fit except for one minor detail – the length – I had to do something about it asap.
The ground being about eight inches from the bottom of the maxi, I bought a foot of this lovely geo only to bring it home and realize it wasn’t wide enough. Back to the store I went the next day to get a foot more. After sewing the two pieces together, I quickly lugged out my machine and attached my extender fabric with a simple straight stitch around the entire bottom of the dress, making a pleat, just because, every six inches like so:
Now I’m down to four dresses instead of three (maternity pants feeling a teeny bit constricting around the lower belly these days upon sitting) and a few sweat pants and shorts. Here’s to hoping these girls come soon, opening up my still somewhat limited wardrobe. :)
Have a great weekend! Maybe I’ll have a belly pic this week, maybe I won’t. Time will tell! :)